New 6 in 1 formulation for strong bones
Scientifically formulated to help maintain bone mineral density, Ostelin Osteoguard is a high potency Vitamin D calcium supplement supporting your bones in the prevention and treatment of Osteoporosis.
As we get older strong healthy bones and muscles are vital in reducing the incidence of falls and fractures. In Australia, 1 in 2 women and 1 in 3 men over the age of 60 will have a fracture due to Osteoporosis.
What is Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition where bones become fragile and brittle, and can fracture more easily than healthy bone.
Benefits of Ostelin Osteoguard
Ostelin Osteoguard is specially formulated with 6 levels of support for strong bones:
- Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption and increases bone density and is essential throughout life to help maintain healthy bone structure. Vitamin D aids in reducing bone loss in older people as Vitamin D status is affected by the aging process.
- Calcium to assists in maintaining peak bone mass and increasing bone mineral density. After menopause women’s requirements for calcium increase.
- Vitamin K works synergistically with vitamin D for bone health and helps the body transport calcium. Vitamin K is a co-factor for osteocalcin, a protein which influences bone mineral density. 2 Both post menopausal women and the elderly have an additional requirement for vitamin K, which assists in the maintenance of bone mineral density by helping the body transport calcium.
- Magnesium is required by the body for normal bone function and bone metabolism and mineral density. The elderly may require additional magnesium which is important for maintaining normal blood calcium levels. Magnesium is also particularly important during and after menopause.
- Boron to aid calcium metabolism. Boron plays an important role in the maintenance of normal bone.
- Manganese which is necessary for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and joints. Manganese may assist in bone function, and may help maintain bone density.
2 tablets daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Each tablet contains
Vitamin D3 500IU (as Cholecalciferol 12.5mcg)
Calcium 600mg (as Calcium carbonate 1.5g)
Magnesium 52.5mg (as Magnesium citrate nonahydrate 195.7mg and Magnesium oxide – heavy 51.5mg)
Vitamin K1 100mcg (Phytomenadione)
Boron 1.5mg (as Boric acid 8.6mg)
Manganese 2mg (as Manganese sulfate monohydrate 6.2mg)